Monday, September 21, 2009

Never Leaving

I am sitting here thinking about how much our family has grown. Gary said when we got married, "we'll only be here in Tucson for the next 5-7 years". Those 7 years were up 3 years ago. Of course when we bought our home it was to be a "starter home". Now it is 10 years, 5 kids and the same "starter house" later. I have realized we may never leave. This is the longest I have ever lived in one home. I should be grateful! But I'm getting antsy. So, I have started a project for our house: I will be pulling up the living room carpet from entry way to kitchen. I am hoping to lay laminent wood flooring there soon. This should really help the cleaning process! Don't know when we'll be starting this project but I am already pricing and measuring the floor. Next will be a coat of paint for these white walls in the living room. I'm thinking brown. We'll see because Gary always has an opinion about my decorating. Why couldn't I have gotten a husband that didn't care?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I hope you share pictures of the results!! I love painting, it's a big change for little cost!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we're looking like we'll be stuck in our starter house forever too. I'm not sure where we'll put any more kids, but we know we're not done. I guess the big boys could camp in a tent in the backyard. They are always begging to go camping. Good luck with all your projects. Post lots of pictures so we can all see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. It's encouraging. I picked a paint out yesturday and will be picking it up @home Depot today. It's called Navajo Sand. Gary liked it to. now I just need the accent wall color. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete