Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We Have Decided

So Gary and I were talking again about having another child. It wasn't scary and I had a good feeling that I wanted another but I wanted to take the time to decide when. So we decided to listen to each other and our prayers. Hopefully there will be another Baby Affleck next year. After that we are done. I am sad that I can't have anymore after the 6th but I don't think I could handle any more than that. I know most of my family and friends think it's too much. I appreciate all your input. We have been thinking about this for months now. I would always laugh and say "no way, we're so done." But I didn't know. I kept having a nagging feeling that there was another baby. I just didn't know if we could handle another child with all of Preston's challenges. We are now discovering that Emily is exhibiting some of the same autistic characteristics. So our plate is full.

Which leads me to the follows revelation: I am truely blessed with the family I have and I have enough love and sometimes energy to give 1 more baby. So I hope that all my friends and family will help support ary and I as we continue on our journey of building a happy family. Thank you to all my friends that gave us their opinions and advice. We love you and really appreciate all that you do for our family.

So wish us luck or send some prayers; however you feel about it.

Now peel yourselves off the floor and just be glad it's not you. LOL. And by the way, I'm not quitting anymore. Gary gave me a little me time with my girlfriends. What a wonderful hubby. Sometimes he really knows how to pamper his wife.

4 comments:

  1. perfect! that's just how it's supposed to be done. prayerfully!! we can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with it all. Our Gabriel was going to be an only child because of the challenges he came with. The Lord laughed at us and sent Garrett, who restored my faith in having babies. We've been blessed with finding good doctors, and good early intervention providers. Although, I can't bring them home with me and that would sure help even more. :) Funny how you know that there are still more waiting to come down, and how scary and exciting it is at the same time. Good luck with it all, you two are tough and full of love. We should get our kiddos together sometime....mine come with a wild warning...but it would be tons of fun to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is always easier when you are reashured by Heavenly Father's wonderful gift of comfort. I hope all gors well and the future pregnancy goes smoothly. Each child if a gift from God and I would rather a little one goin a large family then one how would not love it. Good for you! Don't let anyone put you down about your personal family decision. You are an amazing mom and have far more patients than I. As you witness often. Love you girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't matter what other people think. The Lord knows that you are a great mom and He knows that His children will be blessed to be in your care. We love you!

    ReplyDelete