Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More Forgiveness and Less Judgement

My life isn't perfect. My house isn't clean. My kids misbehave sometimes. My husband doesn't listen to me most of the time. So why am I so happy? Because I believe in forgiveness. It's the one feeling that can help anyone become happy. Especially when you apply forgiveness to yourself.

We all have shortcomings, faults, weaknesses. However you want to look at it, we can all use forgiveness in our lives. Saying I'm sorry to those you love the most helps us become more Christlike and humble. Receiving a sincere apology is always good for the heart. I have learned that applying this principle in my life makes me happy. This is the Lord's gift to us. His Atonement gives us the opportunity to love one another more fully and grow closer to Him.

So, if you have something to say that can be hurtful and offensive; please keep it to yourself. I am learning to hold my tongue and really think about what I want to say to those I love. Our most difficult relationships in this lifetime are the ones we share in our families. We need to apply more forgiveness and less judgement to our loved ones. If we applied more unconditional love and forgiveness in our families, I think we would be a happier society.

This is my opinion. This is my testimony. I truly believe that if you love someone, then you will accept and love them for all that they are and all that they can be. This will help you become a happier person; in your life and in the life of others.

I wrote this specifically with a few people in mind. Not to hurt their feelings but to show them that they have really hurt mine. I am applying forgiveness and will try harder to love more unconditionally like the Lord. May you have His spirit in your life and feel His love like I do.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, wait a minute!! Did you just say you are "learning to hold your tongue"? HOW that is a big leap!! ;) LOVE YA MARTI!! You always made me laugh!! But I do have to say, I'm the queen of putting my foot in my mouth!! Can't help it, I like to talk too much!!
    Sorry others are crappy and say the wrong things. I'm glad you're willing to forgive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your posts Marti. I have been married for 32 years now, and I still struggle with this issue, from both sides. Thanks for your thoughts and beautiful testimony!

    ReplyDelete