Sunday, August 8, 2010

Some Rain is Better Than None

Arizona rainbows are the best!
So we finally got some much needed rain here in the West foothills of Tucson. Our garden looks refreshed and greener for sure! I love the smell of the desert after it rains. It's so nice! I wish all of you could experience it just once. I took this picture in my friend's neighborhood because that is where we were when it stopped raining. If you look closely you can see the other rainbow on the right side. There were two but just barely. The kids loved it!
As we wait patiently for Lizzie to be born, Gary decided to go have some fun down at the church playing volleyball. He came home last Thursday night with what we thought was a sprained ankle. He went to Urgent Care after I reminded him that it wasn't common to not be able to walk at his age. When he got home the new was worse. It seems that he has a ruptured Achilles tendon and will be going into the doctor tomorrow to schedule MRI and surgery. He says he's not in any pain but just uncomfortable. Now I get to take care of him crippled and our 5 kids while 8 months pregnant. This is not an easy task. But I am hanging in there and so is the rest of our family. I can truly say that we don't lead a boring life. It's always something here :)
So if you remember, please keep Gary in your prayers. I hope he will heal well and be able to have a fully functioning leg soon. We love you guys.
Thank heavens school starts next week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment