Sunday, February 6, 2011

Long Day!

Don't you just love when you wake up to utter chaos? That was my morning wake up call today. I had made a birthday cake for my Aunt Maggie and we celebrated it at her home across town. I didn't put away a few items because we were late. We got home late that night and I went to bed. This morning I found the boys in the kitchen with hot pink food coloring and powdered sugar all over themselves and my kitchen. Needless to say I had to clean them up first then lock them in their room so that I could clean up the mess. Gary cleaned the kitchen floor while I cleaned up the bathroom and floor throughout the house, of pink footprints. It was a disaster! Gary overreacted of course. I had to calm him down and keep my temper in check too. I think the longer I'm a parent the more I can appreciate my Heavenly Father. He must have the best patience! I'm thankful that we were able to clean up and get to church on time. I'm hoping that I will never forget or avoid putting away things that could potentially become a disaster when presented to three troublesome boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment