Thursday, March 31, 2011

Virus, Virus GO AWAY!!!

One worn out Mama!

Man, I've just had it with all the viruses hitting our family, from all sides. All the kids got sick this last week. Poor Lizzie had a fever for 5 days then broke out in a full body rash. I always hated when this happened to the babies cuz they're just so miserable already :( She's a little trooper though and still smiles and talks to me after nap time.




As for the other kids they were all throwing up. I literally would be cleaning up one kid and another would start. Not all of them could make it to the bathroom either. I finally kept them all in their comforters in the living room. It was an easier cleaning process. One or two would throw up and I'd start the washer. By the time it was dried other kids would start throwing up and the whole process would repeat itself. My hubby didn't understand what I was doing. He kept telling the kids to throw up on the floor. Well then I'd have to clean it up off the floor and the blanket cuz they wouldn't make it! Needless to say I told hubbs to butt out since I was the one doing all the work. After that, I didn't have to wipe up any more puke cuz it was all contained in the blanket. Which then went to the washer and so on.




I did this for three days straight! I'm so tired and worn out. I've kept all the kids home this week and had them do school work here. I didn't want them going back to soon and catching something else!!! They are of course driving me crazy. So much energy! I have to remind them to relax and rest so that there little bodies can recover. But when your a kid and you feel better, that means play time :)




I'm happy they are all feeling better. It's good to see them smiling again and laughing. All the crying and whining was getting old, fast! I even have the girls and Preston begging to go back to school. Preston actually woke up, got dressed and put his backpack on today. It was a meltdown waiting to happen. It took him an hour to accept that he wasn't going to school and had to stay home with mommy. I did promise him I would swing with him this afternoon. He's a happy camper again :)


Did I mention I'm ready for a vacation? Somewhere without kids :)



1 comment:

  1. Get well get well soon we want you to get well! It's a song! I hope you guys get better fast.

    ReplyDelete