Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Brothers





As much as they can't stand being together one minute and are the best of friends the next minute; they will always be brothers! I was wondering if they would become real close friends as the years go by or will they be glad to leave home without a backward glance?
Today started like any other: wake up, eat cereal, referee a fight, shower, referee a fight in the shower, try to run errands, referee a fight in the van, threaten to beat them in public, come home, referee another fight, pray for bedtime to come quickly, referee a fight during prayers, etc., etc., etc. until one of them gives into unconsciousness. (That's to say go to sleep, not beat them into it.) Of course I added Mikey into this because it will only be a matter of time before he's in the middle of it too. Am I crazy? Or is there a pattern here? I've been trying to see the positive about raising three boys under the age of four and work hard on my patience but a mom can only take so much before she wants to be adopted by Brad Pitt herself. But when all is said and done, at the end of the day I love to wipe away the tears and kiss those beautiful cherub cheeks. So hopefully they will learn to get along and play nice...while I'm still on this earth, preferably. Hell might freeze over but who's watching hell when you have three pieces of Heaven here now.


























































1 comment:

  1. Oh Marti, that was the sweetest sentiments! But I agree. I hate being a referee. ALL DAY! But no fears, it happens with girls too. Even with by girls fighting with their younger brother. I hope it's not worse with brother vs brother. I don't think I can take "WORSE". UGH!

    ReplyDelete