Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer Time is Here Again

It's already hot and over a hundred degrees here in Arizona. That must mean school is out and summer break is here again. The girls have graduated to first and second grade. Preston is going into the 4 year old class in preschool this August. So everyone is taking a much needed "brain break". So does this mean I get one too? NOOOOOO!

All mom's have to find things for their children to do during this break so that they don't lose their minds. I count down the days until school starts and the house is quiet again. But I do love going to the pool most days. The kids love it too. I drag the "bucket" of pool things. In this bucket is our sun screen, swim shampoo, comb, pool toys (balls, darts, squirt guns, rings, spider man sticks, diving rods), also the water wings, cups, plates, forks, wipes, diapers, swim diapers, water bottles, and occasionally some soda for mom. I love this big bucket because it can hold everything and then some. Plus it's water proof. I haul it in with the double stroller. Of course Mikey is riding shotgun. I bring a cooler with lunch or dinner (depends on the time) and a shade pavilion that I know how to assemble and take down myself. Can you tell I'm proud of that fact.

The girls know how to swim and Preston is learning really fast with his lessons. I think he'll be out of his water wings later this summer. Jake is also fearless but never without his water wings. I keep a good eye on everyone where I sit near the spa under my pavilion. I have learned to run and jump in when the water is too cold so that I won't get out of the pool fast. The water is still a little chilly. Of course I do hate one part of summer: finding a new bathing suit. Because of course I never fit into the one from the year before. I'm either fatter or pregnant. Oh well! This reminds me that Bella Holladay asked me today, st the pool, if I was pregnant. I said no; just fat. She looked at me then her mom. She signed that I eat alot! Amen sister!!!!! On a positive note, I have lost 5lbs watching what I eat lately. Maybe I won't fear next summer as much?

Of course Gary is missing all the fun! He's working very long hours and when he can get to the pool with us, he's usually cold within 5 minutes. Must suck being so skinny. (I'm not bitter!) He loves being there with us though. We like to play "toss the kids". Jake used to like it until he swallowed a bunch of water and now he'll say "nope" when we ask if he wants to play. HEHEHE!

Life is sweet. It can get hairy here with little space and my Aunt Maggie living with us for now. But all in all, we love the summer time. We're looking forward to camping and going to James' wedding in August. Hopefully we'll get to go visit the Holladay's in Las Vegas too. I don't want them to move in July, but you go where the work is!

Have a BLAST this summer everyone!

Marti

1 comment:

  1. HEY THERE!! How the heck are you guys? I found your blog on Rachel's. :) Your kiddos are adorable! It's fun to see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete